The training of franchisees and staff in the systems and operational standards of Donut King Stores is critical to ensuring we deliver the best quality food, beverage and service to our customers.
Comprehensive training - All Donut King franchisees attend a state of the art National Training Academy on the Gold Coast in Queensland before they enter their store.
Imagine being part of the Donut King family....
Donut King Stores are operated under license by Retail Food Group (Australia). RFG are franchise systems specialists and whilst you may not know their name, you will probably know the retail food brands they manage in Australia and New Zealand – Michel’s Patisserie, Brumby’s, Brumby’s GO!, bb’s café and Big Dad’s Pies and Esquires Coffee Houses, totalling over 1100 franchised outlets both in Australia and Internationally.
Quality franchisees can strive for success when combined with our strong group identification, excellent product range, comprehensive initial training programs, access to the extensive resource bases and the ongoing support that each of our franchise systems offer.
We are confident that the systems which Retail Food Group has developed and assembled over the past 20 years can assist you to succeed in what is a very competitive industry.
Benefits & Support for Retail Food Group Franchises
- Comprehensive training facilities combined with passionate and experienced trainers ensuring that all of our new franchisees graduate from their training brimming with confidence.
- Local Business Development Managers with hands on practical knowledge and experience out in the field to provide direction and support you in the growth of your business.
- Detailed operational support, including accounting systems, customer service strategies, food preparation and display, supply agreements, administration and human relations.
- Dedicated marketing and PR support with individual brand marketing managers
- Over 20 years of property and leasing experience, along with extensive shop design and fit-out expertise.
- Right from the start Donut King and RFG will guide you through the process of becoming a Donut King Franchisee. Whilst you are in training we will
- Build your new store for you.
- Order all of the required equipment.
- Stock the shop with the necessary opening food requirements.
- Assist you with the store opening and continue that support for you throughout the term of your franchise and with the assistance of your Business Development Manager (BDM) and head office personnel, we are always only just a call away when you need help.
So what have Donut King Franchisees got to say about their business?
Donut King Annandale QLD – Donut King Casurina Square NT – Donut King Castletown QLD – Donut King Willows QLD – Donut King Townsville Centro QLD
In 2003 I owned 4 independent Donut Shops in various shopping centres. My sales varied from $3,500 to $8,000 a week. We believed that we were good and diligent operators and were working @ 60 hours a week. I approached RFG to buy the only other donut store in Townsville. In the process of negotiations it became evident that RFG offered a far greater opportunity then previously perceived. Ultimately we decided to buy into the DK brand. We closed one store, sold another and converted the remaining two to the DK brand. We now work less than 40 hours a week and our 4 Townsville stores average between $8000 and $15000 a week. Our most recent store has opened with a $30,000+ week.
Our first year growth at Castletown was 85% with a 8% decline in COG. Our Annandale store had an 87% growth in the first year with a similar decline in COG. This increase in sales coupled with the decrease in COG's has massively increased our profit from day one. Since that period of time I have invested in 3 other DK stores, and continue to look for other opportunities within the system. In the last 6 months we have sold two of our stores at a price that far exceeded our wildest imagination from when we were sole operators. The initial training, ongoing support, marketing and performance of the stores have provided a lifestyle we could have only dreamt about six years ago.
Please feel free to contact me personally and I will answer any questions that you may have. Going to Donut King has simply been the best business decision we have made.
Sandra Patton – RFG Franchisee of the Year 2009
Donut King Shellharbour NSW
I have been the franchisee/owner of Donut King Shellharbour NSW for the past 5 years.
It has been a very challenging but extremely rewarding experience.
I have found RFG a great company to be associated with, they offer tremendous support to their franchisees with your local Business Development Manager (BDM) there to guide and assist you with the day to day challenges which arise in business.
I have no hesitation in recommending any of the brands under the RFG banner, I personally feel very proud to be a small part of this well respected company.
To find out more about your own “Donut King..dom”, simply complete the online enquiry form below.
DONUT KING - WHERE ATTENTION TO DETAIL MATTERS!